Thursday, January 13, 2011

Where Did My Print Button Go and When Can I Get It Back?

In my new endeavor for CMP I have become addicted to searching the internet for social media tips and have become somewhat of an information junkie. There is so much information out there. I'm great at mining the information, but there is no way I have time to fully read or even being to retain all the great stuff I find. Which for me means... I need a hard copy to refer to.

No problem, just print them, right? Wait....Where in the world did my print button go?

Back in the "old" days of internet research there was always a button at the beginning or the end of an article that said "print" this article now. I know this because I have two teenage boys, both had many research papers, essays and class projects due over the high school years and I was always their chief researcher.

Go ahead ask me about osmosis, the Greek Gods, Buckingham Palace or Leonardo DaVinci.

Since I am one of those learners who doesn't retain a lot of information on the first reading, I like to refer to my text over and over again to really grasp it. Unfortunately, I am less adept at going back to find an article on the internet to re read it.

Have you ever clicked on a link here, then clicked again and finally found the right thing, but had no idea at what site you ended up?

That's me....almost every day. So where did that print button option go? No, I don't want to blog, Twitter, Facebook or Subscribe to this article, I want to PRINT it.

Is this someone's misguided thought that by not offering a print button we will save more trees, save landfill space or be greener? I hope not. Because unless you want to get my rant going, do not tell me that by not printing something we are saving trees.  I know better.

I need my print button back. Who took it anyway? And, no I do not want to highlight, paste, copy, move and format my articles to a word document and then print. I just want to print....

Give it back! Please.....

No comments:

Post a Comment