Monday, January 31, 2011

Is The Thank You Note Becoming A Lost Art?

I really hope not.

I will admit to being one of those people who still sends out handwritten (and handmade) thank you notes, and makes her children do so as well. So this video I saw yesterday on the CBS Sunday Morning Show did not sit well with me.

In it, as part of  the ongoing "Assignment America", Steve Hartman takes a look at the lost art of handwritten thank you notes.




I actually received a hand written note in the mail a few months back from a friend. She wrote just to say thanks for being a good friend. It was completely out of the blue and completely wonderful. It inspired me to send out a few of my own thank you  just because cards, and hers is still tacked to the side of my refrigerator, where it continues to make me smile.

Think what kind of an impression you could make with a card of your own. In an age where a handwritten thank you note is a dying art, let's dare to be different.

May I suggest you use Warm White, Via Felt or Smooth with a matching A-2 envelope for yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment